Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wordle for Compare/Contrast Paper

Wordle: Untitled
Using this program has helped me realize the words that I repeat over and over again. It will help me cut down on repetitiveness. Some of the larger words in the image were control, fire, smoke, setting, and picture. I could have easily substituted a large variety of words for any one of these. For fire I could have said blaze or many other types of words. There aren't nearly as many words for smoke. It can't be described in many other ways. Picture is the word that is most easily substituted for. Photograph, photo, anything is better than repeating that word continuously. Setting is just like smoke, in the way that it is tough to describe without saying the word. Last of all is control. This was one of the words in the title of a picture so of course it is going to be used often. But I could have possibly used the exact title less than I did. This program can be very helpful for me in future papers. It will assist me in cutting down on repetition of words, so I will continue to use Wordle.

No comments:

Post a Comment