Sunday, September 27, 2009

Illustration Reflection

There were many things on which I could improve on in my illustration essay. My word choice and diction were very poor. I repeated the same word or phrase in the same sentence many times. I also used a lot of slang terms and cliches. Another weakness was my attention to detail. I was vague in many places in my paper. I needed to be more specific about many explanations. My overall wording was very poor. I think that I did well with my topic sentences. They described exactly what was going to be in the paragraph. I also liked my title. It was not boring, but it caught the reader's eye. My main goal going into the comparison and contrast essay is not to be repetitive and to have much better word choice. I'm going to try to avoid slang terms and use more technical and proper wording. The first essay was definitely a wake up call to what I must start to do with my writing, and I hope that my next essay will reflect my ability much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment