Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Merchants of Cool Questions

I consume media in the form of television commercials, magazine ads, and radio ads most often.
I enjoy sports talk television shows, sketch comedies, and many other types of funny shows. Like Sportscenter, Saturday Night Live, and Friends. The bands I like are Nickelback and We the Kings, mostly rock bands. Web sites I enjoy are Facebook and Myspace. I am not a large fan of video games, but Rock Band is good. If I hear that other people like a certain trend, then I am much more likely to like it as well. That also applies vice versa. Commercials don't affect me as much because most teenagers don't respond to them.
"Cool Hunting" is targeted directly at people just like me, but I don't respond to it most of the time. Most of the items I buy aren't publicly advertised. I don't buy stuff based on commercials for it, I buy it based on how good I think the item is going to be. There are many ads that are directed toward teenagers, but I don't believe that many do a very good job. We as a whole don't respond to ads, we respond to what we like and don't like, and nothing is going to change our opinion of the product. "Cool Hunting" supposedly works on people like us, but I don't believe it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment